The finish line has passed and I’ve managed to cross 14 things off my list and made a start at 6 more. I’m pretty stoaked with the things I’ve managed to tick off so far and I still plan on doing most of the things on this list, so I’ll keep updating as I get through them.
I spent August catching up on work, spending time with friends I hadn’t seen much of over the summer and wondering if the sun would come back one last time – it did for my birthday, yay!
I’ve got a huge backlog of photos to edit from the summer and prep to do for my Egypt trip which is keeping me busy in September. I’m also excited to do a few more London things this autumn which, knowing me, I’ll update you with over winter.
Here how the list is looking at the moment:
2. Watch the entire series of Sex and the City – Maybe I’ll be more productive with my evenings now that I have finished this. You can read my review here, spoiler – I loved it! 3. Write at least 27 more blog entries – Completed! I’m really enjoying the online diary I have got going here.
6. Host friends for a grown up dinner party
8. Plan a travel trip to Morocco – It’s going to be Egypt and Jordan now!! We have our flights booked and the tour almost paid for. Bring it on! See my travel planning business case here.
10. Knit a peggy square blanket, maybe like this – Blanket = Stalled indefinitely.
11. Try out dance classes – Life got in the way and I stopped going to classes, I keep telling myself I’ll go back to it, but it has been a while now…
12. Run a 10K cancer research race – This was a real sister challenge and you can see how we did here. 13. Make salted caramel as gifts
14. Develop a uniform work wardrobe of at least 8 outfits – This is my starting point, my first 5 outfits.
15. Go to see an inspirational speaker (like a Ted Talk) – I was inspired by many speakers at the Women of the World Festival. An unexpected talk about The Myth of Talent really resonated with me too.
16. Take a DSLR camera course – I have bought the ABM DSLR Basics course and have been reading through the lessons slowly. I used the travel techniques on my most recent holiday, photos to come.
17. Read these books – The Robber Bride – Finished 13/03/2015, see my first attempt at a book review here. The Colour Purple – Finished 20/03/2015, see my purple post here. The Kite Runner – Another great book – Here is my review.
18. Make gimmick tea bag craft idea for friends
19. Hike along the White Cliffs of Dover
20. Move into a 1 bed flat with Ben – We’re staying in Tottenham! Here is why.
21. Stay at/visit a National Trust site
22. See a netball match, hopefully to support New Zealand. – Some friends from my netball team and I have just got tickets to see England play Australia in January. I’m still hanging out to see NZ play over here, but for now this will do.
23. Have a cocktail at the Ritz – I have been doing some research on the Rivoli Bar at the Ritz, and the more I read, the more I’m not so keen on going anymore. It just sounds too stuffy and uptight for me to enjoy.
Instead I have been researching awesome London cocktails bars for somewhere else I would rather spend my money in. These are the candidates so far: Nola, a New Orleans style cocktail bar in Shoreditch; Mr Foggs, a Mayfair bar decorated in Victorian Explorer trinkets and trifles and Original Sin, this place looks incredible and is within stumbling distance from home. If you have any more recommendations please let me know.
24. Climb Snowdon Mountain, Wales
26. Print a photo book – This will be a photo book of Croatia. I have some ideas of what I want it to be already. Croatia was soooo photogenic. We have come back with more than 2,500 after a week. Of course not all of these will be winners.
27. Eat at a Michelin starred restaurant – We were booked for lunch at Galvin at Windows for our anniversary, however we cancelled the booking recently as we have other priorities for the money. We still celebrated though, more on this to come.