I have just spent an awesome week sailing with friends in Croatia which is why this June update is coming late. It was a fantastic week of sunning, swimming, reading and most of all relaxing. Here’s a few pics.. Take me back…..
2. Watch the entire series of Sex and the City – Maybe I’ll be more productive with my evenings now that I have finished this. You can read my review here, spoiler – I loved it!
3. Write at least 27 more blog entries – Since writing the list, I have completed 26 posts just about to tick this off.
4. See The Book of Mormon theatre show – Saw it just before the Croatia trip and have been quoting it ever since, review to come.
5. Create a star constellation scarf – I’m halfway done on this, it has been harder to motivate myself to find the time to do this than I expected it would be.
6. Host friends for a grown up dinner party
8. Plan a travel trip to Morocco – It’s going to be Egypt and Jordan now!! See my travel planning business case here.
10. Knit a peggy square blanket, maybe like this – Blanket = Stalled indefinitely.
11. Try out dance classes – Life got in the way and I stopped going to classes, I keep telling myself I’ll go back to it, but it has been a couple of months now…
12. Run a 10K cancer research race – This was a real sister challenge and you can see how we did here. 13. Make salted caramel as gifts
14. Develop a uniform work wardrobe of at least 8 outfits – This is my starting point, my first 5 outfits.
15. Go to see an inspirational speaker (like a Ted Talk) – I was inspired by many speakers at the Women of the World Festival. An unexpected talk about The Myth of Talent really resonated with me too.
16. Take a DSLR camera course – I have bought the ABM DSLR Basics course and have been reading through the lessons slowly. I used the travel techniques on my most recent holiday, photos to come.
17. Read these books –
The Robber Bride – Finished 13/03/2015, see my first attempt at a book review here. The Colour Purple – Finished 20/03/2015, see my purple post here. The Kite Runner – I’m nearly finished and I’m so happy to report it was worth the wait! review to come soon.
18. Make gimmick tea bag craft idea for friends
19. Hike along the White Cliffs of Dover
20. Move into a 1 bed flat with Ben – We’re staying in Tottenham! Here is why.
21. Stay at/visit a National Trust site
22. See a netball match, hopefully to support New Zealand. – It doesn’t look like NZ is touring England this year, booo! But England will be playing a few World Cup warm up matches in the next few months.
23. Have a cocktail at the Ritz – I have been doing some research on the Rivoli Bar at the Ritz, and the more I read, the more I’m not so keen on going anymore. It just sounds too stuffy and uptight for me to enjoy.
Instead I have been researching awesome London cocktails bars for somewhere else I would rather spend my money in. These are the candidates so far: Nola, a New Orleans style cocktail bar in Shoreditch; Mr Foggs, a Mayfair bar decorated in Victorian Explorer trinkets and trifles and Original Sin, this place looks incredible and is within stumbling distance from home. If you have any more recommendations please let me know.
24. Climb Snowdon Mountain, Wales
26. Print a photo book – This will be a photo book of Croatia. I have some ideas of what I want it to be already. Croatia was soooo photo genic. We have come back with more than 2,500 after a week. Of course not all of these will be winners.
27. Eat at a Michelin starred restaurant – Booked! Ben and I are going to have lunch at Galvin at Windows for our anniversary. I think it’s the worst name for a restaurant I have heard, but the food looks delicious.