I have spent the weekend celebrating a good friends wedding out in Kent. The sun was shining, the alcohol was flowing and we couldn’t have been in better company.
Here’s us showing the kids the Nutbush…
I also made the cake, which was a lot of fun, I now have a Pinterest page filled with ‘modern Victoria Sponge’ ideas and wedding cake toppers. Thankfully it tasted good and, save a few pieces squirreled away by the bride’s sister, was all gone before the night was through. Can we do it all again next weekend?
Here is my May update, and I’m not sure if I have crossed anything off the list this month, but there are lots of plans brewing, so more to come soon.
With the sun finally out I definitely need to pay attention to my work wardrobe, I’ll be updating that in the next few months. I also have a few craft things there which I have finally sourced all the materials for, so I’ll get started on those.
There is also a few travel destinations left to go…
2. Watch the entire series of Sex and the City – Maybe I’ll be more productive with my evenings now that I have finished this. You can read my review here, spoiler – I loved it!
3. Write at least 27 more blog entries – Since writing the list, I have completed 17 posts so far… many more to come.
4. See The Book of Mormon theatre show – This is booked! I’m so excited to see this in July… AND I will get to share the experience with two very good friends who are visiting over summer. Can’t wait!
5. Create a star constellation scarf – I have all the materials now, I just need to get started.
6. Host friends for a grown up dinner party
8. Plan a travel trip to Morocco –
10. Knit a peggy square blanket, maybe like this – Blanket = Stalled in favour of tennis in the sunshine.
11. Try out dance classes – Life got in the way and I stopped going to classes, I keep telling myself I’ll go back to it, but it has been a couple of months now…
12. Run a 10K cancer research race – Claire and I will be racing for life on June 27th at Victoria Park. Please help support this good cause by donating through our Just Giving Page. We’re the Star Sisters, we’re running in a group with two other sisters too. Must get training!
13. Make salted caramel as gifts
14. Develop a uniform work wardrobe of at least 8 outfits
15. Go to see an inspirational speaker (like a Ted Talk) – I was inspired by many speakers at the Women of the World Festival. An unexpected talk about The Myth of Talent really resonated with me too.
16. Take a DSLR camera course – I have bought the ABM DSLR Basics course and have been reading through the lessons slowly. I am waiting for some more sunlight to truly start practicing.
17. Read these books –
The Robber Bride – Finished 13/03/2015, see my first attempt at a book review here. The Colour Purple – Finished 20/03/2015, see my purple post here. The Kite Runner – I have this on reserve at my local library, so hopefully a copy gets returned soon and I can get started on it.
18. Make gimmick tea bag craft idea for friends
19. Hike along the White Cliffs of Dover
20. Move into a 1 bed flat with Ben
21. Stay at/visit a National Trust site
22. See a netball match, hopefully to support New Zealand. – It doesn’t look like NZ is touring England this year, booo! But England will be playing a few World Cup warm up matches in the next few months.
23. Have a cocktail at the Ritz – I have been doing some research on the Rivoli Bar at the Ritz, and the more I read, the more I’m not so keen on going anymore. It just sounds too stuffy and uptight for me to enjoy.
Instead I have been researching awesome London cocktails bars for somewhere else I would rather spend my money in. These are the candidates so far: Nola, a New Orleans style cocktail bar in Shoreditch; Mr Foggs, a Mayfair bar decorated in Victorian Explorer trinkets and trifles and Original Sin, this place looks incredible and is within stumbling distance from home.
If you have any more recommendations please let me know.
24. Climb Snowdon Mountain, Wales
26. Print a photo book
27. Eat at a Michelin starred restaurant – Booked! Ben and I are going to have lunch at Galvin at Windows for our anniversary. I think it’s the worst name for a restaurant I have heard, but the food looks delicious.